Monday, September 7, 2009

We Will Miss You Lana!




I found out Thursday morning that one of my favorite Bracken/Aggies went to see our Lord after a long, painful fight with cancer. Lana Beth Fisher was honestly beautiful in every way! She lived life joyfully and with purpose and always made every day count. She is survived by her husband Chad Fisher and plenty of family members who are in my thoughts and prayers.



I first met Lana when I was a Freshmen in high school. Randi and Lana were my favorite Seniors because they were the only ones that would ever pay any attention to the lower classman. We used to sit around before basketball games and talk about horses. She was always so sweet, supportive, and uplifting. When I was a Senior in high school she let me and some of my fellow classmates come stay with her in College Station, while we visited the Texas A&M campus. She loved TAMU and was so excited and willing to share the joys of being an AGGIE!!! "It will be the best years of your life", she said.

Even though I am very sad she is no longer with us I know she is no longer in pain. She is walking (or riding :) with our Lord cancer free and smiling like she always did. Even through the entire 2 years of fighting cancer she was always smiling.

You brought joy and many blessings to our lives Lana. I will miss you. See you soon!


"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." 2 Timothy 4:7

http://web.me.com/rcf9327/Site/Celebrating.html

http://web.me.com/rcf9327/Site/Chads_Blog/Chads_Blog.html

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome witness Lana was to all of us! Her faith is an example that God's love lives within us no matter what the circumstances.

    I believe she is up there riding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She really was a wonderful person. It is hard to let good people like Lana and Mimi go, but I believe God needs his very best for the end days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello-
    This is Randi 'Cornelius' Hamlyn. I googled Lana today to see what people are posting and your blog came up. Thank you for writing about her and loving her. As you know, through high school she was my very best friend. More of a sister actually. That never changed! I love my sister fiercely and consider her life a blessing to us all. I will most likely never have a friend like her again. And thats ok. I will strive to be a friend like her to my friends and family. Her celebration service was yesterday and it was awesome. I know that she was looking down on us and loving what she saw.
    I gave birth to my first child on August 25. I named her Evin. I pray that my Evin will follow in her namesakes foot steps and be a role model and lover of Christ!
    While I miss my friend, I know that I will see her again. So, you see, its not good bye, but more like ' See you later gator'
    Love your friends, love those that are not your friends and most of all be good!
    Lots of love- Randi

    PS- I never figured out who wrote this blog, please find me on facebook under RandiNShawnHamlyn

    ReplyDelete